Quick Links

Quick Links

Endon High

Coronavirus Response

Returning COVID-19 Test Results 

Please remember to update the office on 01782 502240 or office@endon.shaw-education.org.uk with how your child is and forward the email that confirms the outcome of any Covid-19 test.

If your child receives a positive test result, please contact the school urgently and if the school reception is unavailable please contact us directly any time night or day to speak with the contacts highlighted on your Firefly homepage.


Read messages and letters sent as Firefly bookmarks. (link sent via emails too)


Remember to use 'Speak Out' if you have any Safeguarding Concerns.

All pupils, parents and staff have access to our eSafety Firefly pages which are updated regularly with advice about how to stay safe online.

COVID-19 absence.

Children and young people aged 18 years and under who have a positive test result

It is not recommended that children and young people are tested for COVID-19 unless directed to by a health professional.

If a child or young person has a positive COVID-19 test result they should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 3 days after the day they took the test, if they can. After 3 days, if they feel well and do not have a high temperature, the risk of passing the infection on to others is much lower. This is because children and young people tend to be infectious to other people for less time than adults.

Children and young people who usually go to school, college or childcare and who live with someone who has a positive COVID-19 test result should continue to attend as normal.

What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19

For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.

If your child or anyone in the household does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/ or by phoning 111.

How to stop COVID-19 spreading

There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19


  • Ensure good ventilation in crowded spaces and shared rooms
  • wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
  • use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
  • wash your hands as soon as you get home
  • cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
  • put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards

Pupils isolating but well enough to continue to work

All lessons and homeworks are set on Firefly for all pupils. If a pupil is at home and fit to work they can access their tasks and complete the lessons, submitting work to their teachers. 

Therefore, all pupils lessons are shared as Firefly Tasks, so that pupil can always work remotely and/or catch up with missed work.

Please email subject teachers if you need any support or your child's progress manager if it is a wider issue.

Firefly support:

Email: Firefly@endon.shaw-education.org.uk if you have any issues using Firefly.

If you need to contact the school, please email: Office@endon.shaw-education.org.uk or call 01782 502240. If you call is not answered, please leave a message as these are accessed remotely at regular intervals during normal school opening hours.

Local Authority Safeguarding:

If you live in a Staffordshire postcode and need to contact First Response:


If you live in a Stoke on Trent postcode and need to contact Children's Services:


The Department for Education helpline:

The Department for Education has launched a new helpline to answer questions about COVID-19 related to education.

Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline as follows:

Phone: 0800 046 8687
Email: DfE.coronavirushelpline@education.gov.uk

Opening hours: 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)

The latest guidance for education settings is available here.


Endon High School is part of the Shaw Education Trust Limited, a company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales under company number 09067175 whose registered address is Shaw Education Trust Head Office, Kidsgrove Secondary School, Gloucester Road, Kidsgrove, ST7 4DL. Shaw Education Trust is an exempt charity. Endon High School is not accountable for the content displayed on the external webpages that may be linked from our site. All necessary precautions are taken to ensure the specified content linked to is of an appropriate nature; however, we cannot be held responsible for any other material published by any other site.